Good Morning everyone, its a chilly day here in Florida. Our temps are in the 40’s and will warm up to about 60, today. I am loving this cooler weather, out comes the sweaters, boots, Yeah! I follow a copy of book blogs, and came across this one, so she is doing this challenge besides the Goodreads Challenge. https://megabunnyreads.home.blog with a great read for 2020 so far. I followed her link to this blog Celebrity Readers and thought this was a great idea, so I thought why not go for this challenge. So here’s how it works.
This year I am participating in two reading challenges (besides the usual Goodreads one), and the first is the 2020 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge!
Hosted by Celebrity Readers, this is all about finishing those series we all have hanging around on our shelves half-read. I have a million of these, so it’s really perfect!
We’re back for another year!! This challenge is focused on finally finishing those series that you’ve started but not yet completed. It was previously hosted by Bea’s Book Nook, but we’ve been hosting it since 2018.
While we’re pretty lax about how you wish to set up this challenge for yourself, we do have a few guidelines to follow.
- The challenge will run from January 1st, 2020 to December 31st, 2020. Books must be read during this time frame to count. Sign up is open from now until December 1st, 2020, so you may join even just for the last month of the year.
- Series can be already completed as well as still ongoing. For ongoing series, the goal is to catch up to the most recent book published by the end of 2020.
- We don’t care if you have only 1 book or 10 books to read in order to finish your series, as long as you’ve started the series before 2020 (ie read at least one book in the series), it counts. Re-reads are not required.
- Any format and length of book counts – print, ebook, audio, ARC, etc.
- Series can be any length (even if it’s just a Duet).
- Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable!
- Reviews are not required, but highly encouraged.
How to Play:
- Declare your intentions to participate in this challenge somewhere on the internet!! You do not need to be a blogger to participate, there are many ways to declare. You could write a blog post, create a reading challenge page, create a Goodreads shelf containing series you hope to finish, post about it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Some things you couldinclude (but that aren’t required):
- A link to this page so that others may find us and join the fun as well (feel free to download the button at the top to use in your posts).
- A list of series you hope to read for this challenge. You could even get fancy and list the length of the series, or the books you’ve already read, etc.
- The level you are aiming for.
- Sign up for the challenge using the link up below, and link directlyto where you’ve declared your intentions (ie to the specific blog post, the goodreads shelf, the facebook post, etc).
- We will be posting quarterlylink ups for you to add links to your reviews or any wrap-up/overview posts you wish to share.
- Go forth and READ!! And have fun!!
- Use the hashtag #FinishingTheSeries2020on any social media to keep up with other participants!
Uh…your own sense of pride in achieving a goal? Sorry folks, we’re not actually that motivated by prizes ourselves, so we’re just offering bragging rights. But we can offer you some pretty graphics to either declare your goal or to use as a badge once achieved!
We offer you 3 different “Celebrity” levels of achievement for this reading challenge:
C-LIST SERIES FINISHER ⇒ COMPLETE 1-4 SERIES.
B-LIST SERIES FINISHER ⇒ COMPLETE 5-8 SERIES.
A-LIST SERIES FINISHER ⇒ COMPLETE 9+ SERIES.
I am going to participate in this challenge and I am hoping for the B-List Series Finisher. I have a few series of books that I would love to finish. I have started a series called The Eva Rae Thomas Mystery Series by Rose Willow.
When sharing your reviews on social media, don’t forget to use the #FinishingTheSeries2020 hashtag, so we can all find your reviews. Please feel free to use the hashtag for any updates as well.
What challenges are you taking on this year? Tell me in the comments below!