Last Saturday I shared with you an Instagram account and blog that I now have started following. So over the past week I have been trying out some of her recipes and I am loving them. They are delicious and easy to make. If you like Chicken Low Mein or Chow Mein then this is a recipe that you would love.
I have Included her blog click the link at https://lowcarblove.com she has some great recipes.
- 1lb of boneless thighs
- 1 cup green cabbage , finely shredded
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon of mince garlic
- Low carb noodles
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup water
Chow Mein Sauce:
- ¼ teaspoon of xanthan
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking wine or Mirin
- 2 tsp sweetener
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Wash and pat dry the chopped chicken.
- Make the marinade.
- In a small bowl add xanthan, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, cooking wine, sweetener, and oil.
- Mix well.
- Marinate Chicken: Pour 1 tablespoon of The marinade over the chicken, mix to coat, set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or large fry pan over high heat.
- Add garlic and stir fry for 10 seconds or until it starts to turn golden. Keep an eye, can burn quickly.
- Add chicken and stir fry until the surface gets a tinge of browning.
- Add the cabbage, cook until the cabbage is mostly wilted.
- Add the noodles, marinade and water if needed.
- Add bean sprouts.
- Toss until the bean sprouts just start to wilt.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving:
- 2g Net Carbs
- 0g Fiber
- 2g Total Carbs
- 14g Protein
- 11g Fat
- 157 Calories
Note: Recipe and scans shared in the context of review; all rights remain with the original copyright holder.
Have a great weekend!